Last Updated: Feb 06, 2020 Views: 17
No, you will have to grant permission for Trusted Organisations (e.g CrossRef and Datacite) to read and update your ORCID record. These permissions are long-lasting for up to 20 years, or until you revoke permission from your account settings.
To set up permissions with a Trusted Organisation:
- Under Add Works, click "search and link".
- Select from the list of member organisations. Our library recommends granting permissions to the following: Crossref Metadata Search, DataCite, ResearcherID and Scopus ID.
- For guided instructions on how to add works to ORCID, please refer to our Libguide.
To revoke permissions from a Trusted Organisation:
- At the top of the page, hover your mouse over the "For Researchers" tab.
- A menu bar will appear below. Click on "Account settings".
- View the list of Trusted Organisations you have authorised. Click the "trash" icon to revoke permission.